Product Manager (New Markets)
Urban Jungle is looking for a bright, enthusiastic and analytical Product Manager to shake up the way things are done in insurance and build a company for a new generation of customers. We want to help millions of young people plan for their financial future – starting with providing a safety net for their home lives.
Over three years of consistently doing the right thing, we’ve built the top rated home insurance provider in the UK and are growing incredibly quickly. To continue to do that, we need some amazing people who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, and want to throw their energy into building something great.
It’s an exciting time to join an InsurTech startup. It’s a high growth space, receiving a lot of attention, and by joining Urban Jungle now you will benefit from getting involved early in shaping the business.
What you’ll be doing here:
In this role, you will be responsible for launching brilliant new product propositions that allow us to expand into new markets and change the way people access insurance.
Day-to-day, this includes everything it takes to successfully launch product propositions into new markets, including but not limited to:
- Market and competitor research
- Understanding the compliance & regulatory environment
- Identifying customer needs and opportunities and designing propositions to meet them
- Liaising with external suppliers and evaluating third party integrations
- Working collaboratively with our in-house engineering team to build MVPs
- Planning the go-to-market strategy
- Launching new products to market!
While doing this, you’ll quickly become a subject expert that works closely with our Insurance team to ensure the product propositions we create match up to our slick user experiences.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Comfortable working both with a high degree of autonomy and extremely collaboratively - we are looking for an entrepreneurial self-starter who can make an immediate impact.
- Experienced in developing and launching new propositions to market, whether they come from a product management or general strategic/management background.
- Highly numerical and analytical, comfortable working with and analysing data.
- Happy working with typical early-stage startup ambiguity and willing to get stuck in where needed to get things done.
- An enthusiastic problem solver, and comfortable dealing with new challenges in a rapidly changing environment.
- An easy-going person who gets on well with people from diverse backgrounds and points of view.
- No experience of insurance or financial services is required.
Urban Jungle is an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. So long as you’ve got the skills for the job, even if you don’t fit these requirements exactly, we’d love to hear from you!
You can expect from us:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- A material equity stake
- A company pension
- 25 days of paid leave, plus public holidays
- Full training on whatever you need to do your job well
- Clear objectives, which are regularly updated, with regular formal feedback
- Whatever kit you need to be effective
- Lots of social fun and events
- A commitment from the co-founders to spend significant time on your coaching and development.
- An open environment where you will be challenged
Logistics & Application:
The position will start partially remotely but you must be able to work at our offices in Oval, South London. The hiring process involves an initial phone conversation, followed by a practical and CV interview with the senior team.
Sound exciting? Apply here.