We’re looking to shake up the way things are done in insurance, and build a company for a new generation of customers. We want to help millions of young people plan for their financial future – starting with providing a safety net for their home lives.
Over three years of consistently doing the right thing, we’ve built the top rated home insurance provider in the UK and are growing incredibly quickly. To continue to do that, we need some amazing people who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, and want to throw their energy into building something great.
Now is an exciting time to join an InsurTech startup. It’s a high growth space, receiving a lot of attention, and by joining Urban Jungle now you will benefit from getting involved early in shaping the business.
About the Role
This is an amazing opportunity for an ambitious qualified accountant with some in-house experience, who is looking for a new challenge. As the first full time role in our finance function, this is a fantastic opportunity to shape the way things are done at Urban Jungle, set the foundations for how we do things in the future, and eventually build a team around you.
You will be responsible for the smooth operations of our finance function, including:
- Leading our finance function day to day, reporting directly to our Operations Director
- Helping us budget and plan for the future
- Owning our financial reporting and KPIs, and preparing board papers
- Getting involved with and learning about venture fundraising
- Running our bookkeeping, reconciliations, and payroll
- Operating accounts payable / receivable including liaising with your major suppliers and partners
- Full completion of management accounts
- VAT, HMRC & FCA submissions and Compliance,
- Improving the way we do things to make them more efficient and accurate
- Generally rolling your sleeves up and getting involved wherever the business needs you
What We’re Looking For From You:
- Qualified Accountant
- 1-3 years of commercial experience
- Strong Excel skills, including modelling
- A great communicator
- Xero experience and SQL skills
- Experience with subscription business models, high growth startups, and venture backed businesses
Urban Jungle is an amazing business to work in with a super exciting and executable vision. Our team members are rewarded well, not only from a salary perspective (£45-55k depending on experience) but also with:
- An equity stake
- A company pension
- 25 days of paid leave, plus public holidays
- A generous training budget to support whatever you need to do your job well
- Whatever kit you need to be effective
- Lots of social fun, events, and charity fundraising activities
You must be able to work full time at our offices in Oval, London when we return in due course. It is likely that the role will start on a remote basis.
Sound exciting? Apply now by sending a CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org