Customer Operations Associate
We’re looking for a bright, enthusiastic, analytical and creative young professional to join the team to help shake up the way things are done in insurance and build a company for a new generation of customers. We want to help millions of young people plan for their financial future – starting with providing a safety net for their home lives.
Over three years of consistently doing the right thing, we’ve built the top rated home insurance provider in the UK and are growing incredibly quickly. To continue to do that, we need some amazing people who aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo, and want to throw their energy into building something great.
It’s an exciting time to join an InsurTech startup. It’s a high growth space, receiving a lot of attention, and by joining Urban Jungle now you will benefit from getting involved early in shaping the business. We’ve just raised some more funding, are growing very quickly, and are building a brilliant customer operations team to support our rapidly expanding customer base!
About the Role
This is an amazing opportunity for an enthusiastic and bright young professional who is looking to join a highly dynamic scale up environment in a key function in customer operations. As our first Customer Operations Associate you will have the opportunity to make a big impact on our customer operations function as we grow. You will be in a uniquely varied role within the business - talking directly to our customers, contributing to business wide projects, and building relationships with our suppliers.
You will be responsible for:
- Handling day to day customer service operations, delivering high quality customer service via phone, online chat, and emails
- Overseeing our current claims processes, and building a relationship with our suppliers to ensure a good customer experience
- Identifying specific customer issues and working with the Customer Operations Manager and Insurance Team to resolve them
- Helping to shape the design of our in-house claims handling service
- Supporting the Customer Operations Manager to shape and deliver our Customer Operations strategy as we scale
- Using the insights you gain from customer interactions to be the voice of the customer in the business, and contribute to growth projects
What We’re Looking For From You:
- Smart, self-motivated and looking for an exciting challenge in a rapidly growing startup
- Passionate about how technology can make customers’ lives better
- A great communicator who loves solving problems for people with positivity, empathy and patience
- Super organised, and comfortable multitasking to tight deadlines
- Highly detail oriented but can also see the wood for the trees and make processes better
- Works well independently as well as part of a team
- Has a can-do and self-improving mindset, is resilient, and comfortable with ambiguity
- Up to two years experience in an operations or customer facing role
Nice to haves:
- Experience in customer service, and / or in role where detailed processing is required
- Experience with reporting, databases, and Excel/Gsheets
- Experience with customer support tools like Zendesk
Urban Jungle is an inclusive employer and we value diversity at our company. So long as you’ve got the skills for the job, even if you don’t fit these requirements exactly, we’d love to hear from you!
You can expect from us:
Urban Jungle is an amazing business to work in with a super exciting and executable vision. Our team members are rewarded well, not only from a salary perspective (£21-25k depending on experience) but also with:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- A material equity stake
- A company pension
- 25 days of paid leave, plus public holidays
- Full training on whatever you need to do your job well
- Clear objectives, which are regularly updated, with regular formal feedback
- Whatever kit you need to be effective
- Lots of social fun and events
- A commitment from the co-founders to spend significant time on your coaching and development.
- An open environment where you will be challenged
Logistics & Application:
The position will start partially remotely but you must be able to work at our offices in Oval, South London. The hiring process involves an initial phone conversation, followed by practical and CV interviews with the senior team.
Sound exciting? Submit your application here.